In June, as part of our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiative, Serving You Home Care is donating 50 hours of free respite care to 10 families in honor of family caregivers.
Family caregivers work tirelessly caring for their loved ones while barely taking a break for themselves. In due course, their personal errands and health take a toll. Many family caregivers tell of not having time to shower, eat, or have a couple of hours of uninterrupted sleep. The task of taking care of a family member has caused many to need care themselves, while still care giving. Many are consumed with the constant fear of their loved ones getting hurt while under their watch, hence not taking any time for themselves, even for basic personal hygiene.
We hope that our donated hours will provide a much-needed break and peace of mind to the families that we will touch.
10 Things to note about the program:
- What is SYHC’s Respite Care Program? SYHC’s Respite Care Program is designed to temporarily provide relief to family caregivers from the full-time care they provide for their loved ones.
- Who this is our program intended for? Strictly for family caregivers.
- How many hours will the selected caregivers receive? Each recipient will receive 5 hours
- How are the winners selected? First come first serve basis
- Can the hours be split up? We believe that it will be more beneficial to the caregivers if the hours are taken in one lump sum.
- When does the program start? June 1st
- When does the program end? June 30th
- What part of the day can the hours be used? Once selected, we will work with you to select hours between 7 AM to 7 PM, any day of the week.
- Is there any charge for the program? NO! This is absolutely free. For purposes of improving the program and serving our community better, Serving You Home Care requests that you complete a survey/review about your experience.
- What locations may participate? Anyone who lives in the following Maryland Counties: Montgomery, Howard, Prince George, Anne Arundel, Calvert, Carroll, and Charles.
Contact us today to receive your free hours